Laboratory Technician I – San Marcos, CA
Avista Technologies is seeking a Laboratory Technician I. This is an entry-level, full-time, non-exempt position.
Avista® Technologies Inc. was established in 1999 to develop and distribute water treatment chemicals and provide expert process support for membrane systems including reverse osmosis (RO), microfiltration/ultrafiltration (MF/UF) and multimedia filtration (MMF). We’ve built a reputation through our dedication, forward thinking, and the continued development of products and processes that minimize operating costs while delivering high performance results.
The Laboratory Technician I will perform daily operations in the Avista Technologies laboratory under the supervision of the laboratory services supervisor. With the right skill, development, and timing, this position allows for advancement within the Company.
Essential Duties (but not limited to):
- Conduct work associated with membrane autopsies and other laboratory analyses
- Perform a variety of wet chemistry techniques used to identify materials found on reverse osmosis membranes.
- Work with basic power tools
- Collect representative samples, log work orders and prepare samples for analysis.
- Perform quality control tests on chemical samples following strict standard operating procedures.
- Data entry, adding to Avista’s database.
- Collaborate with appropriate Laboratory, OSCAR, Operations, and R&D personnel to meet goals
- Write reports based on laboratory findings
- Work with the Lab team to determine the most effective way to present and distribute reports
- Enter data into a standardized report template and determine conclusions based on this analysis.
- Work with laboratory services supervisor on daily duties.
- Follow standard operating procedures and safety guidelines to ensure proper techniques are being performed at the highest level.
- Log and track samples for analysis.
- Perform series of wet chemistry techniques.
- Perform quality control on chemical prepared to ship out to customers.
- Write reports with final conclusions and recommendations
- Associate or Bachelor degree with emphasis in chemical engineering, chemistry, or other related science background.
- Entry level position with 0-2 yrs experience.
- Good writing and communication skills
- Previous experience with wet chemistry required.
- Desire and drive to advance to the next level Lab position, when appropriate
- Strong organizational skills, independent time management and ability to multitask.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds or greater and work with basic power tools.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint) recommended.