Field Technical Support Engineer – Western Region
Avista® Technologies Inc. was established in 1999 to develop and distribute water treatment chemicals and provide expert process support for membrane systems including reverse osmosis (RO), microfiltration/ultrafiltration (MF/UF), and multimedia filtration (MMF).
We’ve built a reputation on our unrelenting commitment to understanding our customers’ needs and finding ways to help them achieve their quality, productivity, and economic goals in an environment that is constantly changing. Through dedication and forward-thinking, we continue to develop products and processes that minimize operating costs and deliver high-performance results.
Maintain existing accounts and grow new business opportunities as guided by the applications and salesperson responsible for the region. Work closely with the Technical Support team and Laboratory team located in San Marcos.
Candidate must be located West of the Rocky Mountains (preferably Southern California, Northern California, Oregon, or Washington State area) and close to a major airport.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a primary field technical support contact: resolve technical issues, handle correspondence, provide periodic updates, ensure customer satisfaction, and coordinate with staff as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot and evaluate membrane data, supervise customer site cleanings and pilot studies to optimize membrane performance, and evaluate the application and performance of Avista products.
- Develop sales opportunities with the existing and new customer base.
- Normalize and report customer site data.
- Network with peers in the industry, particularly membrane manufacturers and Architect and Engineering (A&E) firms
- Author and present regional training and technical papers at regional conferences
- Travel to customer sites, trade shows, and workshops
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial), or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.) or equivalent experience in water treatment industry
- 5 + years of water treatment operations or field technical service experience working with a water treatment equipment/service supplier or membrane plant operations
- Understanding of membrane fundamentals and how UF/MF/NF/RO membrane processes work
- Understanding of basic water chemistry.
- Experience using field lab equipment for the measurement of SDI, turbidity, conductivity, and chlorine.
- Knowledge of Clean-in-place (CIP)
- System process knowledge to identify potential chemical opportunities.
- Basic troubleshooting skills related to hydraulic (fluid) and electrical equipment and processes.
- Experience in water and wastewater treatment plant design, construction and operation.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to perform and produce results while maintaining positive relationships.