Events and Meetings Manager
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Events and Meetings Manager is primarily responsible for developing, managing, implementing, budgeting, and content for all conferences and events. Through this work, he/she will help enable Avista Technologies to continue building unique and meaningful in-person and online experiences.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- Work closely with the Executive Team to develop an understanding of yearly and long-term plans and initiatives and to define metrics for event ROI.
- Manage leadership meetings, trainings and activities such as Global Sales Meetings, Distributor Meetings, Industry Conferences, Special Events, large-scale leadership meetings and executive presence at meetings. This includes creation of executive briefings, attendee lists, invitations, logistics, scripting, and content development.
- Manage the event calendar.
- Develop event themes that align with organizational strategies.
- Develop and manage all contract negotiations for conferences and events including forecasting and managing the events budget.
- Lead cross-departmental collaboration on content creation and presentations to ensure consistency with the event theme, develop timeline, and work with Marketing Communications to execute content.
- Manage all event-related internal/external staff and resources.
- Manage the logistics of shipping, receiving, and inspection of event materials for all regional events. Ensure event materials are in suitable condition for continued use and advise the DOM of any damage, missing articles, and other issues that require attention or correction.
- Work with Marketing Communications to create tools to cascade content from conferences and events to the Sales & Applications team and identify timely and appropriate communications to ensure development and training is continued throughout the year.
- Orchestrate the communication regarding events between the Sales & Applications team, corporate, parent company and affiliates as well as distributors.
- Selection and resourcing of sites and vendors for conferences and events.
- Coordinate co-marketing event requests with distributors and Kurita companies.
- Manage lead capture technology.
- Manage promotional materials and apparel for events and fulfillment.
- Prepare post marketing and event analysis inclusive of ROI.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing (or related field), or professional relevant experience
- 5 – 7 years of event planning and project management experience
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated advanced level with Microsoft Office product suite including Word and Excel
- Expert proficiency with PowerPoint and presentation software
- Expert contract negotiation skills and experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with all key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment
- Convention Industry Council (CIC) or Certified Special Event Professional (CSEP) certification preferred
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to travel, including overnight stays, as required
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Normal office demands