Learning Technology Administrator
The Learning Technology Administrator provides technical support of Avista’s learning management system (LMS) and related learning technologies. The administrator will support the implementation of Avista’s new LMS in 2023 and will manage and support the technical systems required to run the learning function as well as administer and create reports, dashboards, and visuals to measure program and business outcomes. This position is responsible for the delivery, management, and maintenance of learning content, assets, and all related resources used for the learning functions. The Learning Technology Administrator will act as the moderator for virtual live training courses delivered via MS Teams or Zoom and provide support and expertise on learning technologies the company may use or procure in the future. The Administrator partners with technology vendors and will oversee installation and maintenance of system updates and upgrades, as well as any tools or software integrated with the LMS, including the HRIS system (SuccessFactors). A successful candidate will have experience working with learning management systems, learning technologies, creating system reports and dashboards, managing vendor partners, and partnering with leadership and related partners to enable a smooth learning operations function. Work is performed under the supervision of the Director, Learning and Development.
- Collaborate with the learning manager, HR leader, and stakeholders to ensure successful implementation, configuration, design, and integration of Avista’s LMS and related learning technologies.
- Act as an internal consultant, analyzing and recommending solutions to enhance LMS utilization and user experience aligned with organizational objectives.
- Create and update resources to train and support learners in using the technology effectively.
- Establish and manage learning content architecture aligned with best practices and agreed-upon standards.
- Populate the LMS with in-house and third-party learning content.
- Manage user accounts, permissions, groups, and cohorts within the LMS and learning technology systems.
- Administer online community areas within the LMS (or 3rd party application), including user access, content moderation, and system functionality management.
- Setup, monitor, and manage courses, including enrollment, assignment, and progress tracking.
- Build and manage online assessments, learning evaluations, and related assessments.
- Serve as a point of escalation for support issues, liaising with the LMS vendor and other support services as necessary.
- Generate standard reports; develop custom reports, dashboards, and visuals to analyze learner behaviors, content usage, and learning outcomes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to source data and build reports measuring the business impact of learning programs.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for process improvements and provide feedback on usage, defects, and enhancements.
- Stay updated on current technology trends and advancements relevant to LMS software and learning systems.
- Develop and maintain processes, procedures, and policies to ensure optimal system management, security, and integrity. Provide training and support to end users.
- Review and analyze data, providing recommendations to leadership to improve standards and practices.
- Manage the relationship with parent company or channel partners to align shared learning content and determine integration strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Educational Technology, Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration or a related discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience working with and troubleshooting learning management systems and learning technologies.
- Experience managing, administering, troubleshooting, and hosting technology used in learning organizations such as Learning Management Systems, MS Teams, Zoom, SharePoint, Knowledge Base Systems, Online Community Sites, Classroom Technology including projectors and monitors, and other related systems.
- Proficiency in generating system reports, dashboards, and visualizations.
- Strong vendor management skills, including the ability to partner effectively and ensure successful collaboration.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to effectively manage learning content and resources.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Ability to attend Teams meetings during different global time zones.
- Coursework and/or certifications relating to learning management system administration and system technologies.
- Familiarity with use and administration of HRIS systems, particularly SuccessFactors, is preferred.
- Working knowledge of web design technologies, such as HTML
- Experience working with a global organization.
Salary Range: $73,000 – $84,000
Job Location: Remote (in the United States)