Laboratory Technician Intern
Avista® Technologies, a Global Brand of Kurita, was established in 1999 to develop and distribute water treatment chemicals and provide expert process support for membrane systems including reverse osmosis (RO), microfiltration/ultrafiltration (MF/UF), and multimedia filtration (MMF). We’ve built a reputation on our unrelenting commitment to understanding our customers’ needs and finding ways to help them achieve their quality, productivity, and economic goals in an environment that is constantly changing. Through dedication and forward-thinking, we continue to develop products and processes that minimize operating costs and deliver high-performance results.
San Marcos, CA
3-6 months (potential for permanent position)
The Laboratory Technician Intern will execute daily operations in the Avista Technologies laboratory under the direction of the Laboratory Services Supervisor. The Laboratory Technician Intern will be responsible for accurately logging in new samples, keeping track of multiple assigned work orders, cut and harvest samples from reverse osmosis (RO) membranes, and perform a variety of wet chemistry and analytical techniques, such as FT-IR, EDS and Chromatic Elemental Imaging SM to identify reverse osmosis (RO) failure. The Laboratory Technician Intern will also be responsible for collecting and interpreting data and write draft scientific reports that identify issues related to reverse osmosis (RO) membranes for final review by the Laboratory Services Supervisor. The right candidate will have good organization skills and be able to track multiple projects at a time while sorting and saving collected data in the assigned digital library files.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily tasks and lab upkeep as specified by the lab supervisor.
- Communicate and coordinate with team members on needed tasks.
- Follow standard operating procedures and safety guidelines to ensure proper techniques are being performed at the highest level.
- Check in and track incoming samples for lab services, work with the lab supervisor to confirm work needed and issuing purchase orders when applicable.
- Perform membrane/filter/foulant dissections, sample collection, and foulant analysis procedures.
- Perform various wet chemistry techniques including, but not limited to, water analysis, filtration study, particle count/turbidity testing, salt/chemical solution mixing.
- Perform laboratory cleaning studies under supervision and instruction.
- Compile photos and analysis results into the proper storage locations.
- Normalize and interpret data that will be provided to the laboratory supervisor for review.
- Write draft lab reports for the laboratory supervisor’s review.
- Keeps files and records in an orderly manner such that any person can easily locate data, reports, photos and other pertinent information regarding a work order
$28 per hour