Application & Sales- US
Avista® Technologies Inc. was established in 1999 to develop and distribute water treatment chemicals and provide expert process support for membrane systems including reverse osmosis (RO), microfiltration/ultrafiltration (MF/UF) and multimedia filtration (MMF).
We’ve built a reputation on our unrelenting commitment to understanding our customers’ needs and finding ways to help them achieve their quality, productivity, and economic goals in an environment that is constantly changing. Through dedication and forward thinking, we continue to develop products and processes that minimize operating costs and deliver high performance results. Due to significant growth, we are seeking a talented application and salesperson to join our expanding team. The applications and salesperson will be responsible to maintain existing accounts and grow new business opportunities to increase Avista’s market position within a geography or an industry.
Qualified applicants must have knowledge and understanding of water treatment processes including membrane related applications along with troubleshooting, system optimization and cost savings.
- Serve as the primary customer contact. Activities include resolving technical issues, handle correspondence, provide periodic updates, ensure customer satisfaction, and coordinate with staff as appropriate.
- Act independently and be self-reliant, with minimal day to day management
- Identify opportunities to expand projects in ways that bring value to our customer
- Effectively lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ensure that delivered products and services achieve highest quality and performance levels
- Interact with all key stakeholders, including customer, consultants, engineer, contractors and internal staff
- Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer challenges
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understands membrane fundamentals and how membrane processes work.
- Familiar with identifying flow paths through a system.
- General understanding of membrane pretreatment processes.
- General knowledge of membrane fouling and scaling.
- Clean-in-place (CIP) knowledge.
- System process knowledge to identify potential chemical opportunities.
- Basic troubleshooting skills.
- Communication skills with customers.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Balance of self-confidence and humility.
- Bachelor’s degree desired in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial), or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.) but not required.
- Minimum 5 years of water treatment operations or sales experience working in a lead capacity in an engineering setting, equipment supplier or membrane plant operations.
- Experience in water and wastewater treatment plant design, construction and operation.
- Ability and willingness to travel, as required.
- Possess a valid work authorization for permanent employment in the US.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Self-starter, autonomous and highly motivated.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Independent, motivated, self-starter. Takes ownership and accountability.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to perform and produce results while maintaining positive relationships.